Santo Domingo

16th century built house in the heart of old city – 2007

Tour this villa

This villa is a house built at the beginning of the 16th century in Santo Domingo de Guzmán, the oldest city in the New World. During its origins it was part of the Monastery of the Convent of the Dominicans. These “monastic cells” later became classrooms of the Santo Tomás de Aquino University, the first university in the new continent.
With the firm intention of recovering a property of highly historical value, both civil and religious, this house was acquired during the year 1994, thus initiating an ambitious project called to support the culture, history, art and education.
The Educational and Cultural Plaza Eugenio y Salomé, sponsored by Quinta Dominica and where the remains of the Puerto Rican educator Eugenio María de Hostos and the great Dominican educator and poet Salomé Ureña rested for some time, is located in the posterior area of ​​the Church of La Third Order and in front of the doors of the Dominican Monastery.
Space can accomodate some 160 people maximum with sitting capacity and some 250 to 300 persons in case of standing cocktails mainly in open space/ garden. Included are 2 indoor rooms with a/c which can accommodate either a buffet and or some 90 seated guests.


Tour this villa

Related location

16th century built house in the heart of old city – 2007
1900/Night Book Now